Monday 6 February 2012

Welcome to Caribou, Nova Scotia!

Just to mix things up a little, I thought I would blog a little about the community I live in, the place I call home.  I live in an area called Caribou, and even more specific, Waterside.  It truly is the perfect name, I am surrounded by water, the Caribou River runs close to the front of my house, the Caribou "harbor" a view out the side of my house and the Northumberland Strait a veiw from the back of my house.  I truly am blessed to have such gorgeous surroundings.  Every few months, mother nature steps in with her magic wand and changes things up a little, always keeping the surroundings changing, vivid, gorgeous.


This particular photo was taken at the ferry terminal in Caribou.  The piece of land you see in the distance is the tip of Caribou Island where a lighthouse is perched on the point to keep the ferry a safe distance from land.  Caribou Island is truly a beautiful spot with water on either side of most properties (although winters are always so pleasant!)


I also get to enjoy a variety of wildlife living where I do, such as this gorgeous and stately Great Horned Owl. He is a frequent visitor in the late spring and summer.  Many nights I endure the pesky bugs just to watch him in my yard... he's well worth the bug bites!

No comments:

Post a Comment